Saturday, March 19, 2011

Point and Shoot: Our blooming kitchen garden

Our kitchen garden is all in bloom at the moment – I’m excited to be finding new growth daily, and so glad that all our hard work is starting to show signs of a harvest…


Our wild cherry tomato bush is budding with new fruits and sweet yellow flowers…


The strawberries are beginning to flower and ripen…


...and the gourmet beefsteak tomatoes are starting to get a rosy blush to their skin!


All our herbs are flourishing, and I’ve been using/experimenting with them in my cooking…


...and our fruiting trees are laden with goodness (thanks to a previous owner who had a taste for the exotic). But the best thing about our garden today? After nearly 20 metres of pesky vines, dozens of sunny flowers, and by allowing a total freedom in direction, I found two baby pumpkins this morning - one hiding under leaves near the fence, and another 10 metres away, hanging from an out-of-control bougainvillea (I may have squealed with delight)!

 
What did you do this weekend?

Nat

Ps. Want to play Point and Shoot too? Find out more here.



1 comment:

Michelle {Jarrah Jungle} said...

There is nothing better than fresh veggies from your own garden. I'm so jealous my cherry tomatoes shrivelled up in the heat before I got my fill!