Thursday, June 16, 2011

Nat + Internet = Blog Love

I read a LOT of blogs.

To begin with, it was as market research, as Kim and I decided whether a blog was a much-needed addition to our small business. And then before I knew it, I was adding this blog onto my favourites tab, following another ten, finding and following a post that someone had written about this thing that I love…. And now, well – it’s all very time consuming and delicious and only a teeny bit obsessive.

I do have a regular crew that I check up on almost every day. Sometimes, when the kids are fighting/throwing things/screaming because they can, I make tea and switch my mama mode off, and read a beautiful blog. Because it frequently preserves my sanity; and because I’ve always been a fan of escaping; and I quite like the idea of learning about someone else’s online world, however real or imagined it may be.

So, a big dollop of blog love is going out to the following writers, for allowing me to dream, imagine, laugh, understand, sympathise/empathise, and think creatively; you’ve made my escapist breaks during the day a lovely place to be.

Her Library Adventures. The loveliest, most beautiful space about writing, vintage fashion, thrifting, sewing, and books. I love the way Sophie writes, her eclectic style, and the fact that she’s sending out hundreds of handmade postcards to readers who’ve emailed in, wanting old fashioned snail mail. And that she teaches literature - well, that's just the icing on the cake.

Maxabella Loves. My favourite mama blog. It’s a refreshingly honest read about being a parent and other random musings, and it always makes me smile. It’s easy to relate to, funny, quirky and beautifully written, and is a must-read with my morning cup of coffee.

Geninne’s Art Blog. A beautifully talented freelance designer and illustrator/artist who has a thing for birds.  The thing that I love the most about this blog is that it celebrates the natural aspects of everyday – she finds inspiration in the simplest things. And she’s amassed interesting collections of stuff all over her home. Ah, to live an artistic life…

BrisStyle. Kim and I joined this amazing group earlier in the year – it’s a handmade collective of very talented people who make make their lovely products in Brisbane. This blog lets us be sticky-beaks and to see what everyone else has been up to in and around our beloved city.

(The Rabbit and the Duck handmade goodies are available here.)


The Rabbit and the Duck. Shannon’s blog was actually the first I started following on a slightly obsessive basis. What do I love? She’s got the most envious studio, with stacks and stacks of beautiful material, makes lovely little wallets (which I own and LOVE), clutches, journal covers, and collects vintage pieces for a her new side venture, The Dotty Apron. And she writes beautifully.


Do you have a set of favourite blogs that you visit regularly?

Nat

 

1 comment:

MultipleMum said...

So glad to see my sister's blog has made your list (Maxabella loves...). I haven't even seen the others so guess what I am about to do? Thanks for the recommendations x