Friday, August 12, 2011

Grateful #19 – What are you thankful for today?

It’s been a few weeks since I’ve done a grateful post – and I’ve missed it! It’s such a lovely thing to get into the practice of doing - pausing at the end of each week to be thankful for the things, people and experiences that enrich our lives.

And this week I’m grateful for:


Mini stay-at-home holidays. One the reasons I’ve been a sometimes-poster in blogger land lately is because I’ve been sewing like a loon for weeks on end. Sometimes that happens; no matter how much careful preparation I put in the lead-up to a big market, I still find myself sewing in a slightly obsessed and panicked sort of way the week or so before.
When the market wrapped up beautifully last weekend, I could see that it was time for a break, to get back to some kind of family and headspace normalcy.

So this week, I put away my diary and decided to bake. I turned my phone off for two whole days, took the kids to the park, caught up with beautiful friends, cleaned the bathroom, folded ten years worth of laundry, wrote a couple of blog posts, and had lazy cups of tea while flicking through junk mail. I watched funny movies, played Lego with Judah and dinosaurs and tea parties with Lou, cooked a roast with all the trimmings, and went to bed early one night with a good book. I ate the best Banoffie pie, pottered around in the garden, made a couple of presents, read lots of picture books with the wee ones, and sat in the sun one morning and admired the bees fussing over our new flowers, while the kids covered themselves in cobbler’s pegs (on purpose).

It was a slow but productive week – the best kind of week - and I’m feeling so much better: recharged, renewed and ready for the next sewing and market timeframe.
So very grateful for the chance, every now and again, to slow down.

What are you thankful for this week?

Nat

PS. Linking up with the delightful Maxabella Loves – and you can too! Link your grateful post here, or write your grateful list in the comments section below.

And don’t forget to enter our first BIG giveaway! To be in the running to receive a parcel of Quill & Ink Handmade goodies, including one of our gorgeous signature dolls, fill out our quick survey here, and ‘like’ us on Facebook here. Entries close Monday 22nd August, and the lucky winner will be drawn on Tuesday, 23rd August, 2011.

Image from here.

2 comments:

Maxabella said...

That sounds absolutely perfect, Nat. I think even better than a mini-break away! I need to start living in the now a bit more myself. I am constantly planning for or waiting for the 'next big thing'. x

x

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lovely week. I'm in the middle of a three week unexpected break at home and I'm loving it so much. I've been painting the outside of our house in between lots of play time with my little girl, and plenty of time for baking and hot cups of tea - bliss! Popping in from Maxabellas.