Saturday, September 17, 2011

All a-hummm and a-bloom...

I thought I was imagining it, when I opened up the house this morning – a hum so loud, that it sounded like some kind of machine running on idle.
But as I stepped out into the garden, I realised what it was – bees!


Standing underneath or tall trees all abloom with delicate white and pink flowers, the hum of our working bees is an amazing thing. I tried to take photos of them busily searching, but there were far too many whizzing around near my face and outstretched-camera-clad-hand, and I was too nervous – sorry!

But, best of all! I found them all over our carefully planted and tended plots, where small flowers are unfurling, turning their heads towards the light…

 

I’m hoping that the visiting bees may just mean a big, beautiful harvest of lots of spring and summer fruit and vegetables this year – they really are the most miraculous little creatures, don’t you think?

Do you have a garden in bloom at the moment? Or plans for a spring garden?

Nat

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I got all excited when I saw the picture of the roof Nat... (you know what I mean ), but bees are almost as exciting. We are just about to put vegie boxes down the side of our house, and now after seeing your photos I'm super impatient! just love your photos Nat,
Michelle xx